Has life got you down? Have you found yourself complaining more than usual because things have not been going the way you think they should? We have all experienced periods of time in our lives when it seems as though the challenges of life just keep coming, one behind the other when it feels as if you can’t catch a break. Naturally, emotions run high during stressful times; however, there is a way to manage your emotions and not allow them to control you.
The truth is most people allow difficult times to define them in the moment, taking them down a rabbit hole of frustration and complaining. More than likely, feeling compelled to complain as a result of feelings of frustration, anger, sadness, or fear are justified. In other words, your feelings are valid. However, the problem with complaining is that it does absolutely nothing for you. It does not help make a bad situation better, and it doesn’t help you feel better.
Believe it or not, complaining actually makes your situation worse; however, I have good news, as well as a solution. This solution has been around for ages and works for anybody at anytime, 100% of the time. It is so simple that just by hearing it alone, may not move you at all, but when put it into practice everyday of your life, guarantees you rid yourself of the habit of complaining. The way to eliminate any negative emotion at any time is to practice gratitude.
No amount of complaining will change the things you don’t like about your life.
It may seem as though there is nothing to be grateful for when hard times hit and you’re overwhelmed simply trying to keep your head above water, but know that there is always something to be grateful for. The fact that you are alive and have another opportunity to improve your life is reason enough to begin to practice gratitude.
Years ago, while going through a particularly hard time in my life, I made the decision to literally make gratitude the attitude that I would forever, from that point on, operate from. Magically, my outlook on life begin to change, but even better, my life begin to change – for the better.
If life has got you down, try adopting an attitude of gratitude and watch how your life will begin to take a turn for the better.
Here are 15 ways gratitude gives you a life of abundance:
- Practicing gratitude will give you a sense of being surrounded by peace
- This is because you really are when you are in a state of gratitude. Peace and negativity can not co-exist. It is simply impossible for the two opposing states of minds to take up same space at the same time.
- Having an attitude of gratitude will lesson the stress that comes with going through tough times
- When you focus on the good, despite the bad, it empowers you to know that this too shall pass.
- Gratitude will open your heart to receive more
- An open heart equals an open mind, and when your mind is open to the possibilities in life, you will attract them to you.
- Gratitude improves your health and overall state of mind
- An attitude of gratitude is a mindset, therefore, ill thoughts and thoughts of gratitude can not dwell in the same space, resulting in you being a better you – a healthier you!
- Gratitude raises your vibration and attracts the things you wish to have in life
- It’s true! Start showing gratitude everyday and become amazed at the blessings that will start rolling in.
- An attitude of gratitude will repel negative people
- When you walk around with this great attitude, negative people will be turned off by your positive energy. They will either keep their distance, or change their attitude when they are in your presence.
- Practicing gratitude will bring abundance into your life
- When you are grateful, you realize time is your most valuable commodity. You won’t waste time on things that don’t serve to improve your life. You get busy because you are grateful for the time you have been granted to make a difference in this world. When you do this, abundance will surely follow.
- Being grateful helps you stay mindful of those less fortunate
- Gratitude will always remind you of how blessed you really are. It will also bring to your attention those that are less fortunate.
- Having an attitude of gratitude gives you a peace of mind
- When you start your day will gratitude, you are less likely to be thrown off by the hiccups that happen in life. Gratitude covers you with a sound mind.
- Being grateful will attract the right people into your life
- It really is that simple. I have witness this take place in my own life. Try it and watch who magically shows up in your life.
- Being grateful brings you joy
- You simply won’t find as much to complain about and will feel a sense of joy.
- An attitude of gratitude draws like-minded people to you
- In the same way your positive demeanor repels negative people, it will attract people who are like-minded because they will have the same attitude as you.
- Daily practice of gratitude quiets the mind
- The racing and negative thoughts must move out of the way when you practice gratitude.
- Making gratitude a daily practice will allow you to see all of the possibilities for your life
- This is because gratitude opens your heart and mind and places you in a state of awareness
- Being grateful will give you the desire to help other people
- Being grateful and giving go hand in hand. You can’t be grateful and not be a giver, just as you can’t be a giver and not be grateful.
The next time you feel yourself going down that rabbit hole of negativity, try replacing it with an attitude of gratitude. It takes practice but you’ll thank yourself later.
Sherre Webb Life Coaching is here to help you live a purpose-filled life, free from judgment and fear. If you would like to schedule a one-on-one coaching session, click Book Appointment to schedule your free initial appointment.
As you know, I would love to hear your thoughts. Please, leave a comment below.